Photo by ????? ??????????
Exhibit with Life Force Arts Ensemble
Life Force Arts Ensemble presents juried art exhibits. Our exhibits are based on themes related to the Life Force Arts Method, a modern version of universal wisdom teachings that value true self and creative community. We have two exhibits per year, each of which usually runs about 5 months. The exhibits feature beautiful and energetically powerful artwork of all styles and media. The artwork creates a sacred space for the performances of Life Force Arts Ensemble, and the Healing Arts Intensives held in conjunction with the themes of the performances and exhibits.
If you are interested in exhibiting with us, please CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAIL LIST TO RECEIVE CALLS FOR ARTISTS. Be sure to check the box “Call for Artists” under “Which publications would you like to receive?”
Pay $25 Art Submission fee here
Our Current Call for Artists
The Soul’s Home
as a valued member of Creative Community
PLEASE NOTE: Adjustments to the schedule for this exhibit may be necessary due to potential developments with Covid-19. We will post updates if needed.
Deadline for submissions: TBD
Celebrate your Soul’s Home, the place you can express your True Self, as Life Force Arts Ensemble presents the art exhibit and multidisciplinary arts show The Soul’s Home, running TBD, at Life Force Arts Center, 1609 W. Belmont, Chicago IL 60657. Opening Reception TBD. Exhibit hours are during events at Life Force Arts Center, and by appointment. Admission is free to the exhibit and Opening Reception. Workshops and performances related to the theme will be presented as part of the show. For more information, please contact Joan Forest Mage, Artistic Director, 773-327-7224, joan@LifeForceArts.org.
The Soul’s Home. The place you can express your True Self is your Soul’s Home. Every human being is meant to be embraced by a Creative Community that loves them for who they are, and encourages them to flourish. This Community or Tribe values, nurtures and integrates the in-born gifts, talents and unique mission that the person is designed to accomplish in their lifetime. Each individual in the Tribe is appreciated for their contribution to the community, and is respected as an indispensable part of the community.
In this show, participating artists have the opportunity to express their experiences and visions of the Soul’s Home through their artwork, encouraging the viewers to discover their own Soul’s Home.
The Soul’s Home is the second of two exhibits presented by Life Force Arts Ensemble based in the Life Force Arts Method (LFAM), a powerful psychological and spiritual tool for understanding and building positive relationships from one’s inner world to the outer world. The Soul’s Essence (February 1, 2020 – January 8, 2021) explores the True Self (Soul), which is a person’s individual energy field, their in-born gifts (talents) and the unique mission they are designed to accomplish in this lifetime. The Soul’s Home (TBD) focuses on the Creative Community, the tribe that embraces, nurtures and values each individual’s True Self, gifts and mission.
Life Force Arts Ensemble (LFAE) is a company of visual, literary and performing artists who commune with soul and spirit to create transformation through the arts based in the Life Force Arts Method. LFAE’s art exhibits create the sacred space for our original performances, which combine dance, vocal and instrumental music, acting, storytelling and poetry, channeling powerful spiritual energy to transform, heal and enlighten our audiences.
The exhibit features a wide variety of media including painting, photography, sculpture, mixed media and installation. Life Force Arts Ensemble Artistic Director Joan Forest Mage says, “It’s fascinating to see the interpretations that artists have about the theme. At LFAE, our art exhibits create sacred space in which our performances and workshops become healing rituals, infused with transformative power to heal and enlighten.”
How to send an Art Submission
Life Force Arts Ensemble presents juried art exhibits. Our exhibits are based on themes related to the Life Force Arts Method. Exhibits usually run 5 months each. The exhibits feature beautiful and energetically powerful artwork of all styles and media. The artwork creates a sacred space for performances and other events that are held by the company in conjunction with the theme of the show.
Please read the requirements carefully, and then send us an art submission by email.
Art Submission requirements:
- Art Submission Form (Click here to download the Art Submission Form)
- Photos of your work (up to 5 different pieces) that you would like us to consider putting in the show. Art may include 2- or 3-dimensional prints, paintings, photography, digital, sculpture, mixed media, installation art and more. Please send as jpg images (max 500 x 500 pixels per image). Please put images in the same email as the submission form if possible.
- We only consider completed artwork for the show
- We only accept artwork that is for sale
- Essay(s) suitable for inclusion in the show’s Exhibit Catalog, for EACH ARTWORK YOU ARE SUBMITTING explaining how it relates to the theme of the exhibit.
- your resume
- your bio: 1 – 3 paragraphs about yourself as an artist, suitable for inclusion in the bio section of the show’s Exhibit Catalog
- your $25 art submission fee. Click here to pay $25 Art Submission fee online by Paypal or call 773-327-7224 to make other payment arrangements.
Please send your art submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions: TBD
To understand more about the Life Force Arts Method, please click here to read Joan Forest Mage’s article.
Art Submission Guidelines for The Soul’s Home
(what type of artwork we’re looking for)
Artwork in this exhibit should relate to the theme of the Soul’s Home (the Tribe and Creative Community) as explained in the Life Force Arts Method. Please use this information as a guideline to choose the artwork you submit.
What we mean by Soul’s Home: The Soul’s Home is where you can express your True Self: be authentic, do what you love and have a passion and genius for, and fulfill your life’s mission. The Soul’s Home is the Tribe or Creative Community of like-minded individuals who value and nurture each other. In addition to a group of people, the Soul’s Home often includes the physical space and the land or natural environment in which they reside. A commitment to your Creative Community is part of what keeps you growing. In a Creative Community, every member has to operate from their True Self. The Community helps its members release their False Self and Shadow Self, so they can live from soul, their True Self.
- Image of a time and place your soul felt at home
- Image of your Soul’s Home: what is your experience of, or vision you have for, your Soul’s Home, your Creative Community? Creative Community can be of various kinds: biological, spiritual, geographical, cultural, ethnic, etc. It can include humans, nature, the spirit realm, and other types of community
- Images of what your True Self is passionate about, and how that relates to what your Creative Community is passionate about
- Depict the spiritual link or bond, karmic bond or soul family in a Creative Community
- Depict the common purpose of the community, how it supports the mission of each individual member, and how the individual contributes to the community
- Depict how your family of origin and ancestors are your Soul’s Home. How is your True Self aligned with your lineage and ancestors?
- Explore how the Creative Community guides the True Self of its members: how does it help them live from soul, compared to living from the Shadow Self, the False Self, etc.
- Depictions of beings (animals, mythical figures, gods, goddesses, angels, etc.) associated with your Soul’s Home
- Images that depict the values of your Creative Community and the life lessons that Community teaches
- Images of collaborative projects you have done in your community. If the collaboration is an artwork, that can be submitted for this exhibit
- Depict the vision that your community would like to create in the world
- Image of the energy field of your Soul’s Home. What is the core energy of your Soul’s Home: is it strong, soft, playful, etc.?
- Depict how you came to know or find your Soul’s Home
In the essay about your work, please tell us about how your artwork relates to the theme of The Soul’s Home, Tribe and the Creative Community.
LFAE welcomes artists who have presentations associated with their work, such as lectures, discussions, rituals, guided meditations, performances or workshops. We are especially looking for presentations related to the Soul’s Home.
At LFAE, we work with energy and beings of the Light, and look for artwork that inspires and uplifts viewers. Our policy is that if artwork has a cathartic element and helps viewers face the shadow side, it must also have the alchemy to integrate what has been purged into a new, whole, positive form.