A Shamanic Healing Art Making & Meditation WorkshopTM with Lisa Nomikos
4 Fridays, October 29 – December 3, 2021 (no class November 19 & 26)
7 – 9 PM Central time
$180/$150 early registration by October 22
Breathe deeply the surrounding sparkling, golden lights bouncing over the surface of the waves. Rainbow colors move up and down, disappearing and reappearing in a circular pattern on the water’s edge near your bare feet. A rainbow vortex to the inner world opens upon the sand. Reds, yellows, and greens glimmer like sunrays. Blues and purples dance on your arms as you step forward into an orange circle in the middle of the vortex. Breathing in the salty ocean air, you take a step forward, feeling movement under your feet, feeling a coolness, an electrified vibration. Yet, you are safe and free. You take another deep breath and the world around you wiggles, shifts, morphs. Off to the side something shiny catches your eye. Glimmering and reflecting the light, a shell can be seen. Is it your shell? Do you see eyes peeking from beneath? Are they your eyes? Are you ready to explore? Come with me on an adventure to explore your soul’s shell, and all the various facets of it.
The Painting Your Soul’s Shell workshop consists of 4 consecutive, experiential sessions that include intuitive art making, journaling and guided meditations like the one above, to help you explore your soul’s shell and your soul’s essence, who you are within your soul’s home. The sessions use the imagery of the “soul’s shell” as a tool for self-discovery and transformation to gain greater insight and clarity into the “who”, “when”, “where”, “why” of your being. We will explore questions like, “What does your soul’s shell look like? How big is it, does it have walls, what texture, soft, hard, smooth? What is it made of? Where is it located? What kind of creature lives within?” Do you understand what the shell is, and how it relates to your soul’s home? What kind of shell do you need for yourself? Is your shell what you need?
Leading up to, and, throughout the workshop, an energetic “container,” is formed once you say “yes” to being a part of the group. This sacred “container” is a safe space for transformation to occur. Throughout the weeks of the workshop, I live the theme by seeing signs, animals, licence plates as messages. I hear guidance in songs and words that get incorporated within the healing ritual. I combine my professional art background, teaching, creative writing, reiki, shamanic training, life coaching, and meditation, in a metaphorical, spiritual way, holding space for energy healing to occur.
Each session builds upon each other like a stew that cooks slowly over a flame. Discover what your Guides and subconscious mind are trying to share with you as you explore the different aspects of your “soul’s shell” with me.
- No art making experience is necessary. Any level artist and any style of art creation is welcome. Be as realistic or abstract as you desire.
- You can use whatever supplies you already own. (Crayons, pencils, pens, watercolor paints, acrylic paints, paper, canvas, brushes…etc..)
Session One: Painting Your Soul’s Shell: An Outer View
Explore the outer view of your “soul’s home” using the imagery of the “soul shell” as the tool for self-discovery. What would it look like? Would it be hard or soft, textured or smooth, shiny or dull? Where would it be? On a mountain, in a lake or in space? Explore your “soul’s essence” in this outer view. Where are you in relation to your “soul’s home”? Are you inside the shell or outside? See what you can discover about yourself in this first session of Painting your Soul Shell.
Session Two: Painting Your Soul’s Shell: An Inner View
Explore the inner view of your “soul’s home” using the imagery of the “soul shell”. You are the creature inside the shell. What kind of animal is it? What would it look like? Do you live inside or outside of the shell? What is the shell to you? Would it have furniture? Would it be hard or soft, textured or smooth, shiny or dull? What is on the walls? Does it have windows? Are the walls solid or transparent? Can you see outside? Where is your shell located? Where are you? Do you see yourself inside the shell or outside looking in? Are you standing or sitting, laying down or floating? Are you warm or cold? Is anyone with you? What else have you discovered about yourself in this second session of Painting your Spiral Shell? Can you connect the experiences from the previous session with any new understandings during the week?
Session Three: Painting Your Soul’s Shell: An Aerial View
Explore the inner and outer view of your “soul’s home” using the imagery of the “soul shell” from the vantage point of the “sky”. Imagine your shell from above looking all around your shell and inside at the same time. What would it look like? Where are you in the picture? What’s near to you? Is anyone with you? Does your shell have furniture? What does the outside look like? Describe the inside? Has your image of the spiral shell and the surroundings shifted? Has your understanding of your soul essence and soul’s home shifted in this third session of Painting your Soul Shell?
Session Four: Painting Your Soul’s Shell: Ground View
Explore the inner and outer view of your “soul’s home” using the imagery of the “spiral shell” from the vantage point of the “ground” and below. Imagine your spiral shell from below looking all around your shell and inside at the same time. What would it look like? How tall are the walls? Are they straight? Do they spiral and turn? Where are you in the picture? What details are new to you? Is anyone with you? Do you notice hidden things under furniture? Has the image of the spiral shell and the surroundings shifted? Has your understanding of your soul essence and soul’s home shifted in this fourth session of Painting your Soul’s Shell? What greater clarity have you gained about your soul’s essence and soul’s home since the first session?
CLASS SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:
Session 1: An Outer View
Session 2:An Inner View
Session 3: An Aerial View
Session 4: A Ground View
What You’ll Need:
- Please have your meditation area, supplies and place to create artwork ready prior to your session.
- A journal or paper, and a writing tool.
- 2. Art supplies of your choice, using whatever you already own. (If you need recommendations, please reach out to me at LisaNomikos@GatheringVisions.com or text me at 847/404-0505).
- Blanket, pillow, and a comfortable area for the meditation portion of the class.
- A table or desk area to paint/draw/create.
- Journey Portion: Each session begins with a 35-minute guided, meditative journey. You will be lying down on a blanket or sitting comfortably in a location where you can just relax as Lisa verbally guides you on an intuitively guided journey.
- Journaling: After the journey, you will have the opportunity to write impressions in your journal. Use this time to write whatever you felt, saw, heard, thought. Journaling is a wonderful tool to help you process your journey, to recall details that might be important for your own personal transformation. I encourage you to share something small with the group, if you are called. This can enhance the group’s experience as well as your own.
- Art Making Portion: After journaling, you will create your own intuitive energy art piece based upon your journey, your journaling, your feelings, and thoughts. Your image can be as abstract or realistic as you choose. The purpose of the image is to crystallize your journey bringing it into concrete form. It is a tool for self-discovery that can be meditated upon again and again to elicit further growth.
I encourage you to not exit the “energetic container” of the session early. Each attendee energetically completes the “sacred space” with the rest of the group. If you finish your piece early, you are welcome to share your piece, your insights, your thoughts with the rest of us. The more we share with each other, the more we enhance the healing process of the session for all.
Come see what your guides and subconscious mind are trying to share with you in this healing ritual.
October 29, 2021
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
After you have registered for the class you will be contacted with the Zoom link for the class.