Three Tuesdays – June 27, July 18 & July 25, 2023
7-9 PM CT
Attend in person or via zoom
$135 for all 3 Hawaiian Goddesses series classes
$55 Single classes Hawaiian Goddesses
- click here for single class Pele June 27
- click here for single class Namaka July 18
- click here for single class Kauila July 25
Listen to the voices of three Hawaiian Goddesses channeled through Lisa Nomikos’ paintings created for Life Force’s current exhibit, Conscious Body, Living Soul: From Sentience to Sovereignty
- June 27 – Tap into the life force of Pele, Goddess of Fire & Volcanoes
- July 18 – Flow with the strength of Namaka, the Sea Goddess
- July 25 – Transform with Kauila, the Turtle Goddess
For Lisa, the three goddesses simultaneously flowed into three separate paintings as an answer to the exhibit’s question, “What is sentience?” Explore the messages of the Three Goddesses as they show you your own thoughts and feelings to gain greater clarity in your life.
In these three sessions, we will go on a healing journey using guided meditation, writing and art making as tools for self-discovery and healing.
- I will be leading you in meditations on the Goddess honored that day. You will face the painting I created of that Goddess You may be sitting in a chair or on the floor if you’re more comfortable. And, I will read you the channeled poem that I wrote about that Goddess
- Then, you’re invited to shut your eyes as I re-read the same poem. Notice the difference of hearing the words with your eyes open, versus shut
- You will have the opportunity to journal your thoughts and impressions after the meditation.
- Then we begin the visual art making portion of the workshop. You can share your impressions and thoughts as we draw and paint
- At the end of the class, you are invited to share what you’ve created…
- Blanket or yoga mat for meditation portion
- journal and pen
- colored pencils and paper will be provided
- if you’d like to use any other art supplies, please bring them: water colors or acrylics with your brushes, watercolor paper or canvas for acrylics, graphite pencils, charcoal, erasers, crayons, markers, etc.
Restrictions: please do not bring oil paint, turpentine, nor linseed oil for using with oil paints. Lisa, the instructor, is highly allergic and cannot have it being used around her without having allergic reactions. Thank you!
SPECIAL! You might like these related events:
Healing Arts Intensive “The Fire of Life” June 20 – August 1. Click here for information
Life Force Arts Center, 1609 W. Belmont, Chicago, has FREE PARKING in Central Savings parking lot. Click here for directions.
Log in if you already have an account with us.