6 sessions of powerful transformation through the arts
6 Saturdays, 1 – 3 PM
November 19, December 3, 10, & 17, January 7 & 14, 2022
$240/$195 early registration by November 12
in-person or via zoom
Take time for rest, renewal and visions from Spirit with LFAE’s
“The Heart of Winter”:
- a 6 week group therapeutic process through observing and creating through the arts
- a life-changing experience of transformation and healing in community
In this Intensive, we will experience winter as a time of silence and peace. It is important to relax as well as to work: within the stillness of the long nights Spirit brings us visions for the coming year.
If this sounds like a theme in your life right now, that like-minded fellow travelers could help you transform, join us for a breakthrough experience!
“The Heart of Winter” is one of a series of Intensives based on the theme of LFAE’s current Exhibit Season,
The 6 Sessions
1) Orientation – Saturday, November 19, 1 – 3 PM
2) Issues & Goals – Saturday, December 3, 1 – 3 PM
3) Writing – Saturday, December 10, 1 – 3 PM
4) Arts Lab – Saturday, December 17, 1 – 3 PM
5) LFAE Performance “Heart of Winter” – Saturday, January 7, 1 – 3 PM
6) Closure – Saturday, January 14, 1 – 3 PM
NOTE: This is a 6 session process, so please check your calendar to make sure you can come to all six sessions. You can attend the Intensive in-person or via zoom.
“I could not have imagined the shift I underwent from the first session until the end. I shed the old identity to see what was below the surface. My focus shifted, my understanding of my gifts was clarified.” Lisa Nomikos
What is a Healing Arts Intensive?
The pinnacle of the work we do at Life Force Arts, a Healing Arts Intensive is a group therapeutic process through the arts designed as a life-changing experience of transformation and healing in community. Healing Arts Intensives are based in the, a powerful psychological and spiritual tool for understanding life from our most inner world to our most outer world. Participants focus on a personal Transformational Goal which they manifest through the entire range of observing and creating through visual art, writing, dance, theater, and music. Each Intensive is built around a performance of which Intensive participants attend. The Ensemble creates an energy healing performance based on archetypal stories with sound healing, dance, vocal and instrumental music, and shamanic journey meditation in the sacred space created by our art exhibit.
Each Healing Arts Intensive has a Group of six to eight participants guided by a Facilitator, usually LFAE Artistic Director Joan Forest Mage. There are six sessions, usually meeting once per week for six weeks. The sessions are usually 2 hours each.
The sessions are:
- Orientation – Intro to the Life Force Arts Method and creation of Transformational Goals based on Keywords of the 4 Skills of LFAM. Discussion of the background of the LFAE Performance that the Group will be attending: its theme, Main Text, visuals/artwork, music and movement.
- Issues & Goals – Discussion, writing, drawing and meditation to examine the Issues related to each of the 4 Skills of LFAM, and how they interact with each participant’s Transformational Goal and the theme of the performance.
- Writing – Participants create poetry and creative writing that embodies their Transformational Goal, and may be included in the LFAE performance.
- Arts Lab – Participants are guided in creating a healing ritual to advance their Transformational Goals, incorporating the self-expressive art and inner personal work they have been doing.
- LFAE performance – Participants observe Ensemble members in a Healing Ritual performance which includes dance, singing, sound healing, instrumental music, poetry and visual art. Part of the performance allows time for the audience to journal through writing or drawing their responses and insights, and a time for sharing.
- Closure – Participating in interdisciplinary arts and divination techniques to complete Transformational Goals and bring Closure to the Group. Each participant has the opportunity to reflect on and share the outcome of their experience and Transformation.
Note: different Intensives have the sessions in a slightly different order. Closure is always the last session. But the other sessions can change order, depending on the Intensive.
Tuition Credit Policy for Healing Arts Intensives
There are no refunds for Healing Arts Intensives, but tuition credit for future Intensives may be issued as follows:
If you have paid for a Healing Arts Intensive, but you do not attend ANY of the sessions, you are given a tuition credit for the full amount of the Intensive which can be applied to a future Intensive. This tuition credit must be used within one year from the date of the initial Intensive Orientation.
If you attend ONLY THE ORIENTATION session of the Intensive but none of the other sessions, you are given a tuition credit of half of the admission price you paid for the Intensive. This tuition credit can be applied to a future Intensive. This tuition credit must be used within one year from the date of the initial Intensive Orientation.
If you attend two or more sessions of the Intensive, you do not receive a tuition credit.
Ticket sales are closed for this event.