6 week group therapeutic process in shamanic healing through the arts
6 Tuesdays, 7 – 9 PM CT
June 20, 27, July 11, 18, 25 & August 1, 2023
$240/$180 early registration by June 13
Attend in person or via zoom
“I am the Fire of Life!” Says Pele, Goddess of Fire and Volcanoes. “Turn your insides out, the way a volcano creates new land, whole mountains.“
Healing Arts Intensive is
- A 6 week group therapeutic process through observing and creating visual art, writing, music dance
- A life-changing experience of transformation and healing in small group, like-minded community
- Learning how to use the arts for your spiritual healing
- Experiencing the power of having a healing intention (Transformational Goal)
- Dive deep into observing art, using it as a catalyst for your transformational intentions
- Learning and/or practicing Shamanic Journey meditation
- Find the archetypal energies/helping spirits who can help you achieve your personal intentions
- facilitated by Shamanic Practitioners and Artists Joan Forest Mage & Lisa Nomikos
What happens in a Healing Arts Intensive?
Participants focus on a personal Transformational Goal which they manifest through the entire range of observing and creating the arts. Each Intensive is built around a Life Force Arts Ensemble performance which channels the healing energy from spirit guides. Intensive participants attend, and there are also art making sessions, writing and discussion. Experience sound healing, dance, vocal and instrumental music, and shamanic journey meditation in the sacred space created by our art exhibit.
Each Healing Arts Intensive is
- six weeks
- has a Group of six to eight participants
- guided by a Facilitator(s).
The sessions are:
- June 20 – Orientation with Joan Forest Mage – Welcome and celebration of Summer Solstice. Creation of each participant’s Intention (Transformational Goal) for the Intensive. Introduction to The Fire of Life LFAE Performance that the Group will be attending: its theme, spirit guides, Main Text, visuals/artwork, music and movement.
- June 27 – Pele: Hawaiian Goddesses Workshop 1 with Lisa Nomikos – Shamanic Art Making, Writing and Meditation
- July 11 – LFAE performance The Fire of Life – Participants observe Ensemble members in a Shamanic Performance which includes dance, singing, sound healing, instrumental music, poetry and visual art. Part of the performance allows time for the audience to do a Shamanic Journey, to journal through writing or drawing their responses and insights, and a time for sharing.
- July 18 – Namaka: Hawaiian Goddesses Workshop 2 with Lisa Nomikos – Shamanic Art Making, Writing and Meditation
- July 25 – Kauila: Hawaiian Goddesses Workshop 3 with Lisa Nomikos – Shamanic Art Making, Writing and Meditation
- Closure – Participating in interdisciplinary arts and divination techniques to complete Transformational Goals and bring Closure to the Group. Each participant has the opportunity to reflect on and share the outcome of their experience and Transformation.
Throughout the Intensive, participants create poetry and creative writing that embodies their Transformational Goal, and may be included in the LFAE performance.
Intensive participants DO NOT perform in the LFAE performance, but they DO
- choose archetypal energies or helping spirits who the LFAE performers invoke to guide the performance
- create writing and poetry based on their Transformational Goals, which the LFAE performers may use in the performance
- learn the deeper meaning of the Featured Artwork from the LFAE art exhibit
NOTE: This is a 6 session process, so please check your calendar to make sure you can come to all six sessions. You can attend the Intensive in-person or via zoom.
Tuition Credit Policy for Healing Arts Intensives
There are no refunds for Healing Arts Intensives, but tuition credit for future Intensives may be issued as follows:
If you have paid for a Healing Arts Intensive, but you do not attend ANY of the sessions, you are given a tuition credit for the full amount of the Intensive which can be applied to a future Intensive. This tuition credit must be used within one year from the date of the initial Intensive Orientation.
If you attend ONLY THE ORIENTATION session of the Intensive but none of the other sessions, you are given a tuition credit of half of the admission price you paid for the Intensive. This tuition credit can be applied to a future Intensive. This tuition credit must be used within one year from the date of the initial Intensive Orientation.
If you attend two or more sessions of the Intensive, you do not receive a tuition credit.
Life Force Arts Center, 1609 W. Belmont, Chicago, has FREE PARKING in Central Savings parking lot. Click here for directions.
Log in if you already have an account with us.